Monday, June 12, 2017

Review: Let Her Go: An emotional and heartbreaking tale of motherhood and family that will leave you breathless

Let Her Go: An emotional and heartbreaking tale of motherhood and family that will leave you breathless Let Her Go: An emotional and heartbreaking tale of motherhood and family that will leave you breathless by Dawn Barker
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

"She had never understood how much she wanted children until the doctor had told her that she couldn't have them." Zoe McCallister wants a baby more than anything. But what happens after you get what your heart desires?
I loved that the author tackled the issue of surrogacy between sisters. The conflict with the family dynamic made for a good read. It made me think. But, I didn't fall in love with Let Her Go. The writing isn't the issue but as the story progressed, I became less emotionally connected to the outcome. I understood both Zoe and Nadia's sides, felt their pain and understood their conflict, but the ending... I didn't buy it. I didn't understand Louise at all. Surrogacy isn't an explanation for her actions.
Some insightful quotes.
"Family bonds weren't forged from blood, they were welded by shared moments, from intimacy, from vulnerability."
"No one ever knows the effect on the future of the things we do now; we just have to do what we think is right at the time."
3.5 stars.
Thank you Netgalley for this read.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment