Thursday, June 8, 2017

Review: No One But You

No One But You No One But You by Brenda Novak
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Sadie Harris is a single mom to a young son. She is trying to make ends meet and decides to take a job with Dawson Reed, the acquitted town murderer, as his housekeeper. Though Sadie is scared, she bravely accepts the job. Instead of finding a monster, she finds a considerate man.
Brenda Novak had me deeply invested in this story. Both of our characters had serious drama and challenges in their lives. They weren't the typical characters that you read in romances. There was no rich billionaire but instead both characters had a true wealth and depth to them that drew me into their lives. Sadie and Dawson's resilience shines through that made their journey a heartwarming tale.
Two of my favorite lines, and there were a few good nuggets:
"Even the hope of love is worth the risk, she clarified."
"Love isn't the problem, Sadie," he said, his voice soothing. "Love is the answer. That's what makes life worth living."
Sigh. Yes, Dawson. I completely agree.
Thank you netgalley for this read.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment