Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Guest Post: What are your top ten best books?

Welcome Author Meiah Shaun



When I am not writing, I am reading different books and articles.  I enjoy reading Christian fiction books and non-fiction books by inspirational authors.

  1. Bishop T.D. Jakes is my pastor and his books have blessed my life.  One of my favorite books by Bishop Jakes is called Reposition Yourself.  The book taught me to break generational curses in order to fulfill my destiny.
  2. Bishop T.D. Jakes has a new book called Instinct.  I learned how to use my inner wisdom and actions when making decisions.  When I listen carefully to my instincts, it will lead me to my destiny where I can fulfill God’s plan for my life.
  3. R.G. LeTourneau is the founder of LeTourneau University, my alma mater.  As a student, I enjoyed his book called Mover of Men and Mountains.  His book taught me how to conduct business using biblical principles.
  4. Dr. JoAnne Cornwell is the founder of her trademarked company, Sisterlocks.  Her book is called That Hair Thing.  It’s an inspiration to me.  It’s a great read and it educated me about natural hair and sisterlocks.  
  5. Kinky Gazpacho by Lori Tharps is another great read.  I discovered this book while I was transitioning into wearing my natural hair.  Her book is a memoir and it’s a fascinating story.  In her memoir, she described how she was perceived by her brown skin and her kinky hair texture when she lived in Spain.
  6. Lori Tharps co-authored Hair Story, Untangling the Roots of Black Hair in America with author, Ayana Byrd.  The book educated me about the history African hair in America.
  7. Winning in Troubled Times by Dr. Creflo Dollar is an awesome read.  I learned about forgiveness.  I learned that when you forgive someone that you will be restored and healed from your pain. 
  8. I also read Beauty for Ashes by Joyce Meyer.  I love her book because it helped me to heal spiritually and emotionally from low self esteem and life disappointments.  Her book taught me to strengthen my relationship with God and to allow God to heal my wounds.
  9. One of my favorite inspirational books is No More Sheets by Dr. Juanita Bynum.  Her book taught me how to be a virtuous woman of God.  By studying Dr. Bynum’s book, I learned God’s principal for marriage and to how to conduct myself with dignity and honor.
  10. I love to read the Bible to study the word of God which gives me strength and revelation.

No comments:

Post a Comment