Monday, December 29, 2014

My Top Five Reads for 2014

Like many Avid Readers, I set a yearly Reading Goal on Goodreads. I had to go on a reading binge toward the end, but I felt exultation when I saw I met my goal of 60 books!
60 books may not seem like a lot, but it is when you are also an author. I published four books this year, Walk A Straight Line, My Steps are Ordered, Color Blind and Unbound Hearts. I wrote two books, The Fall of the Prodigal and My Soul then Sings, which release next year, 2015.
Now, that I have met my goal, compiling a list of my top books is extremely challenging. Some books made me laugh or cry.
My Top Books are the ones that stay with me long after I've ended the last page.

5. Flawbulous by Shana Burton

Flawbulous is the final book in the Flawless series. In a series filled with so much drama, I was not sure what to expect in the conclusion. Like the previous books, the author did not disappoint.
Memorable Character: Desdemonda "I do admit I may have fanned a few flames."
Memorable Line: "If we claim to be serious about our Christianity yet don't correct even those closest to us when they fall, what does that say about us as Christians?" Angel.

 Order your Copy

4. Pink & Patent Leather by Candy Jackson

First of all LOOK AT THAT BOOK COVER. Hottest cover ever and the words inside do not disappoint. Masterful storytelling. I'll be watching out for more from this author. 
Memorable Character: Pink
Memorable Line: "The man of God has been chosen for you."
Order your copy


3. The Replacement Wife by Tiffany L. Warren

I just loved loved loved this read. It was a fairytale and reminded me of my favorite musical, The Sound of Music. 
Memorable Character: Chloe. So memorable, she got her own tale. (The Replacement Husband)
Memorable Line: "Estelle said, "Only the best for my son.""
 Order Your Copy

2. What's Done in the Dark by ReShonda Tate Billingsley

Page by page, my nerves were ON EDGE. There was a time when I had to put the book down to BREATHE. A masterful tale with an unexpected ending.
Memorable Character: Greg!!!!!
Memorable Line: More like a memorable EVENT. That birthday party scene was something else.
 Order Your Copy


1. More Than I Can Bear by E. N. Joy

I tore through this book in THREE HOURS. What can I say about Paige's story? Whew! Here is my review I posted on Amazon.

"E. N. Joy's second book in the Always Divas series had a tough act to follow. I Ain't Me No More is now on my all-time favorite list. I didn't know what to expect with this one. However, the second book is more than just the beautiful graphics on the cover.
Within the pages is the story of Paige, a woman who faced much to bear. I laughed. I cried. I was taken on an emotional roller coaster than ultimately ended with me knowing God is in charge and He knows best. This was a woman's spiritual journey of facing tough times and then looking back to discover God was there and He had her all along. Readers expect to see God's Anointing in this one. How much can we bear? We can bear as much as needed for God to get us where we need to be. May God continue to bless the work of her hand and I know some souls will be led to the Word of God after reading this."


 Order Your Copy

Order your Copy

No comments:

Post a Comment