Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Welcome Dawn Marie Pitts! A Michelle Lindo-Rice Reader

I'd like to welcome another Michelle Lindo-Rice Reader, Dawn Marie Pitts to my blog. She is a loyal supporter and I'm blessed to feauture her today.

Dawn Marie Pitts was born and raised in Atlanta, GA. She and ger husband, Richard, moved to the Dallas suburb of Irving, TX in 2012. Dawn is an avid reader whose favorite genre is Christian Fiction. Known to family and friends as the "cake lady", Dawn takes pride in carrying on her mother's tradition of putting a little love in her cakes.



On the Right Path Series

A Father for my Heart

Gina Ward grew up not knowing who her father was and believed he didn't care about her. Circumstances forced her husband to locate Gina's father and in turn forced her to face the man she had no desire to meet. She resented him for abandoning her but the truth was he never knew about her. After some time of healing, Gina was able to form a long awaited relationship with her father. Wouldn't it be nice if life imitated art and we could have a happily ever after like Gina?

I can remember a time when I wanted to know who my father was but didn't ask until I was 20 years old. Being raised and adopted by my maternal grandparents I guess I didn't really see a need to know. I've always known who my mother was just not my father. Curiosity got the best of me and I finally asked. Little did I know one of my former coworkers knew my father and even went to school with him. He asked her if she knew how to get in touch with me. When we met I didn't really know what to do or say but I tried to forge a relationship with him. That didn't go so well. It was one sided. I was the one trying when really he should have been the one making the effort. Once I realized that I backed off and didn't see him again for about 17 years.

Once again, I tried to forge a relationship with my father. This time was worse as he proved over and over he didn't care about breaking my heart. I've finally come to realize that a healthy relationship with this man is just not possible. So for my well being I decided to move on with my life. Sure the Christian in me wondered if I was doing the right thing given the commandment to "honor thy father and mother". I've always struggled with that because neither of my birth parents were there for me.
I saw my father recently after 3 years and am now at peace with my decision. I understand God gave me a mother and father that loved me, cared for me, and nourished me when he put me with my grandparents. That's who I honor.

Gina's story had an impact on me that I didn't expect. Gina was fortunate to build a strong, healthy relationship with her father. I wish my outcome could have been as wonderful as hers. What I can say is it made me understand how God's will works in my life. The best thing that came out of meeting my father is meeting my 5 sisters, 1 brother and 21 nieces and nephews. I love them and they love me. God truly turned things around for my good.

To learn more about the three books in "On the Right Path" series check out my website at www.michellelindorice.com

No comments:

Post a Comment