Friday, December 24, 2021

Review: Murder in Westminster

Murder in Westminster Murder in Westminster by Vanessa Riley
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Murder in Westminister is the first in a historical mystery series which portrays a woman of color as the heroine. Lady Abigail Worthing has discovered the body of Juliet, her neighbor's wife, on her property. But she is surprised when her neighbor, Henderson, offers her an alibi - especially since she was at an abolition meeting. Abigail wonders who in London's high society is responsible for killing Juliet and decides she needs to find out, potentially putting her own life in danger. 

Listen, all I can say is that I absolutely loved this book! I was privileged to read an advanced copy and let me tell you, you will enjoy the beginning of this series. First the title: Intriguing. And, this is rare, but I liked all the characters. Wilson, Mary, Vaughn. Great side characters. I loved how the author built the tension in the story. I read this in hours.
I thought the writing was sharp. I loved the sense of humor throughout. I loved the storylines - even with the dogs.
The symbolism with the fence... That's all I can say. I think Vanessa Riley has found her niche!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment