Saturday, December 4, 2021

Review: Wish You Were Here

Wish You Were Here Wish You Were Here by Jodi Picoult
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Diana O’Toole has her life all mapped out. She has the perfect partner in life, a surgical resident by her side. They had goals but then, everything went off track. Then Covid-19 hits the world while Diana and Finn were supposed to be on on their dream vacation. Finn stays behind to work but Diana goes alone.

But upon her entrance to the island, everything shuts down and she will have to navigate a life in the moment, that is unplanned.

Jodi Picoult can write about anything. It took me awhile to get into this book but once I did, I had to keep going. I was caught up in Diana's world. There were so many profound statements that it felt like the author also went along on the journey along with her character.

The descriptions, the scenes were so vivid. I felt like I have visited this wonderful place because of her words. I enjoyed the takeaways. There were so many themes: self-discovery, self-love and forgiveness.

Memorable quotes:
"Busy is just a euphemism for being so focused on what you don't have that you never notice what you do."
"You may not be able to choose your reality. But you can change it."

Thank you#Netgalley for this read.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment