Monday, February 21, 2022

Review: The Christie Affair

The Christie Affair The Christie Affair by Nina de Gramont
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

When Agatha Christie disappeared for 11 days, it was a great mystery but The Christie Affair tells the tale of another, greater mystery: that of Nan O'Dea, Archie Christie's mistress. Nan has destroyed Agatha's marriage, enticing Archie to leave his wife, a woman everyone admires. On purpose. The question is: why?

Told through Nan's POV, we get insight into Agatha's story as well. There are other characters who we meet during these 11 days and soon there are series of intertwined events that at first appear unrelated but are all tied together.

I admit that when I started this read, I almost gave up. I am glad I returned to it and persevered. Although I didn't fall in love with this book, I did find the writing/story creative. I also enjoyed the second half better than the first once I stopped trying to dwell on: How does Nan know what is in Agatha's or any of the other characters minds?

Thank you #Netgalley for the opportunity to read and leave my honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment