Monday, February 14, 2022

Review: In Search of a Prince

In Search of a Prince In Search of a Prince by Toni Shiloh
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Bri Bayo is a teacher on summer break when she receives some jaw-dropping news from her mother: She is a princess of Ọlọrọ Ilé, Africa, and the only heir to a throne. Bri is shocked to learn she has a grandfather, who is sick and who she has never met! Brielle is heartbroken that her mother never told her about her father's true identity but she goes to Ọlọrọ Ilé, Africa to learn about her legacy,

Once there, Bri is told she has to marry if she is going to assume the Queenship. It is because of God's leading that she stays and considers the council'l list of bachelors. But there is an unlikely choice who wins her heart and who she hopes will be next to her when she dons the crown.

First, what. a beautiful cover! That cover is everything. I enjoyed visiting the make-believe country of Ọlọrọ Ilé, I loved how Bri had a personal relationship with God and how the author used her faith to help guide her. I enjoyed reading of her relationship with her grandfather--that was so heartfelt. I loved that she had solid relationships with her mother and best friend and how she was a career woman.

But, this is of course, a romance. And her love interest is not only handsome but his faith also helps him to bond with Bri. I loved how their relationship developed and I think so many will enjoy this sweet romance. On a side note, the fashion described in this novel had me ready for the best friend, Iris to get her own love interest!
Thank you, #Netgalley for this read.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment