Saturday, May 14, 2022

Review: The Younger Wife

The Younger Wife The Younger Wife by Sally Hepworth
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This upper class family appears to have their act all together but there is a lot going on with each member of this family. Dr. Stephen Aston is engaged to woman as young as his daughters but he needs to divorce his current wife with dementia. Rachel and Tully both have some serious secrets in their personal life and now they have to welcome their father's new bride. And, his new bride, Heather, also have a secret past that might threaten her current relationship.
The Younger Wife began with a good suspense feel to it. Someone has been murdered but the question is, who did it? Then the author takes us back to the pasts of all the family members in order for us to understand how they ended up with someone dead. I have to admit, there were many parts that kept me interested. I loved the build. I really did. Each character was seriously flawed and the storyline with the mother's dementia had me glued. But when I got to the ending, there were still unresolved issues that left me somewhat unfulfilled. I get that in life there are many things that are not answered and things we might never know, but when it comes to a story, I do think it could have been wrapped up tightly. However, most of the main storylines with the daughters were wrapped up. I found it great but I think if there weren't some loose strings at the end, it would have made it more satisfying.
I would still read more from this author. I think her premise and ideas are creative and I have read another book from her before.
Thank you #Netgalley for this read.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment