Thursday, June 11, 2020

Review: The Book of Two Ways

The Book of Two Ways The Book of Two Ways by Jodi Picoult
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Like the title suggests, there are two ways to read this book. One way is that is was like a textbook but underneath all the talk of Egyptology and Quantum Physics is another way: A story of Dawn and a merging of her past and present lives. I think Jodi Picoult is a master storyteller but the story she was telling got bogged down under all the information. I am glad I plodded through - took me a longer time to read than usual - because there were some quotes that were moments of brilliance.
Sharing a couple....
"Love isn't a perfect match, but an imperfect one. You are rocks in a tumbler. At first your bump, you scrape, you snag. But each time that happens, you smooth each other's edges, until you wear each other down. And if you are lucky, at the end of all that, you fit."

"Our bodies are just what holds us together, you know. They're not who we really are. Everyone leaves them behind, eventually."

Thank you. #Netgalley

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment