Wednesday, August 12, 2020

Review: Lies, Lies, Lies

Lies, Lies, Lies Lies, Lies, Lies by Adele Parks
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

In Lies, Lies, Lies, Simon and Daisy both have a lot of secrets that will be revealed. As the title suggests, there are lies on both sides--small and great--that comes out. Simon struggles with alcoholism and his wife and friends all make excuses until his daughter suffers because of it.
As if that isn't enough, there are so many other tragic plot points - think of the most traumatic events you read about and it is in here - that I am left shaking my head.
The author did a great job showing the downward spiral associated with alcoholism. But there were many scenes and descriptions in the narrative that were too too many. I skipped through pages and was still able to get the main plots of the story. It took me awhile to finish.
The twist at the end had me trying to visualize, HOW? and Say what, now?
But it is a creative concept. The cover is amazing and makes you want to read.
Thank you, Netgalley!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment