Monday, January 18, 2021

Review: Jackson

Jackson Jackson by LaQuette
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Aja Everett seeks to transform her family ranch into an oasis for those needing recuperation. She loves taking care of others but who is going to take care of her when her life is in danger? Ranger Jackson Dean is not looking for love or entanglement but when he is hired to watch out for Aja, he finds himself battling an intense physical attraction that could lead to much more.
This is my first read by this author. First, LaQuette is a strong writer. Her skills are evident in her masterful storytelling and how she sets up the scenes. I enjoyed reading about a strong, plus-sized heroine. I loved Aja's willingness to stand up for others. Jackson was also a well-written hero.
I also loved second chance stories and I would love to read more about her secondary characters. The author also laid the stage for some sizzling love scenes. I find this author incredibly talented and can't wait to read more!
Memorable quote.
"Thinking you could save people from themselves was the quick road to despair she knew."
Thank you #netgalley

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment