Monday, January 11, 2021

Review: A Lowcountry Bride

A Lowcountry Bride A Lowcountry Bride by Preslaysa Williams
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Maya Jackson is a junior bridal designer for Laura Whitcomb who yearns to become a head designer. She seeks the opportunity to showcase her talents and her designs inspired by her ancestry. But when her father injures himself, Maya has to return to her hometown of Charleston, DC to help him recuperate. While she is home, Maya decides to work at the local boutique. Derek Sullivan has taken over the struggling Always a Bride and is trying to do all he can to preserve his mother's legacy. He also seeks to build a relationship with his twelve=year-old daughter. He welcomes Maya's help and while doing so, finds himself open to more.

First of all, I absolutely love love the cover. Seeing the picture of the bride running made me want to discover what was inside the pages. What I found was a cute love story. A heartwarming read that had gave me a fuzzy feeling. I think the author wrote a sweet tale and I loved how she gave both characters well-developed lives because life does not stop even when you're falling in love. Both Maya and Derek had their personal and professional struggles that they each have to resolve. And, it was nice to see how they helped and encouraged each other.

I loved reading about Maya's family history and how she was able to incorporate that history in her gowns. I believe the author did a great job with describing the town and realistically captured small town life. I think this author will only get better with each book.

Thank you, #Netgalley and #AvonBooks for this ARC.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment