Sunday, January 3, 2021

Review: The Winter Baby

The Winter Baby The Winter Baby by Rhonda McKnight
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Clyde Stowe has changed his ways and is devoted to his girlfriend, Kim Haynes. But, their relationship ends when she refuses to sleep with him and jeopardize her faith. Then the couple is reunited during a road trip and their close proximity forces them to confront issues from their past.
I really enjoyed reading about the characters in this story. They had a huge difficulty to overcome and had to rely on their faith. There were strong faith elements that made this story a beautiful story of second chances and divine miracles. Moments within the story had my heart pounding and had be sliding the kindle page to see what would happen next.
There were some spiritual nuggets that you can take away with you as a reader.
Sharing a couple:
"...making confession to God can be as public or personal as you want. Getting to know him isn't a moment, it's a journey."
"Often the path back to a relationship with God is a winding one that includes little prayers and conversations and even disagreements with him...God knows when a heart is turned toward him, even when we don't know it ourselves."


View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. I appreciate the review. I'd forgotten these nuggets. Thanks for reminding me. ❤️

    ReplyDelete