Tuesday, January 25, 2022

Review: An Unlikely Proposal

An Unlikely Proposal An Unlikely Proposal by Toni Shiloh
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

When her best friend, Omar Davis, proposes a marriage of convenience, Trinity Davis is more than shocked. But soon, she begins to think about the pluses of marrying her BFF. Forever. For one thing, his young daughters, Faith and Hope would have a mom. And for another, she would get much-needed health insurance for her illness. But, will their friendship survive the shift to marriage?

This is my first Toni Shiloh read  that I purchased so long ago, just sitting on my kindle. I finished in hours. The rapport and banter between the friends drew me in from the beginning. Their friendship and humor was solid and it helped them navigate some pretty big situations. I loved Faith and Joy--they were heartwarming and absolutely adorable.

The side characters--her family, his former father-in-law, their friends added great perspectives which made this read easy and enjoyable. Both Trinity and Omar had a strong relationship with God and their faith is evident through this read. Both were constantly seeking God and in prayer. Strong faith elements.

Overall, I loved their journey to HEA and found this a sweet, clean romance.
Memory line: "We have to put tomorrow in God's hands. We can't live in fear."
View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment