Thursday, October 1, 2020

Review: Pearl in the Sand

Pearl in the Sand Pearl in the Sand by Tessa Afshar
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

A Canaanite woman who once sold her body is used to bring God glory. Pearl in the Sand is the story of Rahab who lived in the wall of Jericho. She has an unsavory past but God can make her into a suitable wife for one of Israel's leaders.
Salmone is a strong man of faith who has faced heartache. When he meets Rahab, he is shocked to desire someone of such a wretched past.
What I loved about this story is that the author took a well-known Bible historical tale and opened my eyes to what her life might have been back then. We know that Jesus came out of this lineage but I never considered what Rahab and her family had to go through once they left Jericho.
Seeing them learn new ways and how to learn a new faith and way of life was very interesting to me. I especially admired Rahab's faith and how it was depicted in this book.
The cover art is beautiful and it was wonderful to see that a book written years ago was given a comeback. I do think that the written was a tad simplistic but what a great read!
Thank you #Netgalley

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment