Thursday, October 15, 2020

Review: Untamed Passion

Untamed Passion Untamed Passion by Cat Schield
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Oliver Lowell is a successful photographer with some serious demons to battle: Alcohol, addiction and anger. Samantha "Sammi" Guzman is a model who needs to break free of her mother's clutches. The two meet and have a hot one night stand. From that single encounter, Sammi learns she is pregnant. From that point on her life changes. Oliver can't get Sammi out of his mind, so when he learns she may be expecting his child, he finds himself opening his home, if not yet his heart, to this woman.
The heat and chemistry between the two characters drove this story for me. It was an intense physical attraction. I was glad to see Sammi come into her own and gain some independence. And, Oliver, who may not be every reader's idea of a book hero, also has to decide if he will be ruled by his anger toward his father or if he has the strength to rise above.
I enjoyed the story. It kept my interest and the cover art is absolutely stunning. There wasn't much in the storyline that made it diverse for me. However, I do like the strong theme of forgiveness, of love and of second chance.
Memory quotes:
"If you can't let go of your anger, you will always be its victim."
"Loving him meant she had to be brave enough to goad him into fighting for their future, and failing that, be willing to let him go."
thank you #Netgalley #Harlequin

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment