Tuesday, October 12, 2021

Review: Complications

Complications Complications by Danielle Steel
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

The story takes place at the luxurious Hotel Louis XVI in Paris, which has changed management. After undergoing years of renovations, the door opens with a new manager, Olivier Bateau, and assistant manager, Yvonne Philippe. There are a group of guests that enter and after that night, their lives change.

The first is a politician whose secret life is about to be revealed with lasting consequences. One that impacts his life but his family. The next is a couple, Judythe and Richard, who has been through a lot to finally be together, only a medical emergency might put their future on jeopardy. Finally, we meet the art consultant and the internist, Gabrielle and Alastair who are joined together by all the events surrounding the hotel. Whether or not a relationship will happen depends on whether or not they will face life's complications as a couple.

When I started, this was heavy on the narrative that I almost stopped. But, I am glad I persisted. I was drawn into Alastair and Gabrielle's story. Without their storyline, I know I wouldn't have continued. I loved that aspect of the tale the most, though there were other storylines introduced. The theme for them was that of a second-chance for love. What I did enjoy was how Danielle Steel intertwined the storyline around the hotel and how it affected the lives of some of the guests.

I also enjoyed the imagery of the Paris scenes and the dower house. I loved the descriptions and visuals that made me feel a part of the scene.

Thank you, #Netgalley for the ARC

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment