Friday, November 13, 2020

Review: Back in the Texan's Bed

Back in the Texan's Bed Back in the Texan's Bed by Naima Simone
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Ross Edmond is shocked to learn the only woman who he loved has given him a son. He is eager to know his child and suggests they move in together to coparent. Charlotte Jarrett, a chef, returns home after three years to take a job at the restaurant Sheen to further her career. Soon, she runs into her old love and she discovers the fire between them hasn't died. Both Ross and Charlotte rekindle their relationship though past hurt and pain still lingers. Pretty soon, they have to decide if they can have a future or if a common enemy will come between them once again.
Whew!
This is my second Harlequin read by Naima Simone. Ross struggled with his parents' rejection and I worried he would never come into his own. Fortunately, he has met the right woman in Charlotte and his son has given him the impetus to be a better man. This conflict with Ross and his parents drove a lot of the storyline and Naima Simone's talent kept me reading until I was done. This author is a whiz at writing insanely hot love scenes and brings quality to Harlequin's Desire line. I loved her use of descriptives and she has a creative flair that makes me want to read more of her work. I look forward to reading whatever she pens because I know I will not just be entertained but I'll be sucked into the story until the very end.
Fans of second chances will not be disappointed in this read. And, can I take a moment and rave about the cover? It is beautiful like most of the Desire line. Kudos to the designer!
Thank you #Netgalley and #Harlequin

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment