Tuesday, November 10, 2020

Review: The Wife He Needs

The Wife He Needs The Wife He Needs by Brenda Jackson
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The Wife He Needs is the first in the Westmoreland Legacy: The Outlaws.

Years after his wife's death, Garth Outlaw is finally ready to get married again. He is seeking a partnership and a woman willing to accept that his heart will always belong to his wife. He thinks he has found that woman but when she does not show up for their getaway, Garth invites Regan to vacation with him.

Regan Fairchild is a private pilot who has worked for the Outlaw family for years. She has been in love with Garth for a long time and jumps at the chance to spend two weeks with him though she knows she is a replacement. She hopes to convince Garth to see her, not just as a friend, but as the woman he needs.

Both Garth and Regan are likeable and relatable. I loved the story overall and I found their passion believable. Regan remained true the entire book and I am all for putting yourself out there when it comes for love. Garth's story seemed to shift from the beginning. At first, it seemed as if he wasn't aware of his feelings but then later on, that changed where he was well aware of how he felt. I didn't get that part but it didn't detract from the overall storyline.

As usual, Brenda Jackson had me engaged. I love how she crafts her stories. I can't wait to read the rest of the books in this series.
Thank you #Netgalley and #Harlequin

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment