Friday, November 27, 2020

Review: Second Chance on Cypress Lane

Second Chance on Cypress Lane Second Chance on Cypress Lane by Reese Ryan
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Reporter Dakota Jones has high dreams for her career but all that ends when she finds herself embroiled in a scandal that ruins her reputation. After losing her weekend anchor position, Dakota decides to return home to Holly Grove, out of the spotlight. The only problem is in a small town, she is bound to run into the man who was once her first love.

Dexter Roberts ended his relationship with Dakota when they were teens but he has never forgotten his first love. When he learns Dakota has returned home, Dex knows he has to grab this second chance to make things right. He has never loved anyone like her and hopes they can move forward from the past to an even better future.

Reese Ryan delivered in this second chance romance! I loved Dakota and Dexter's story and found them believable. I love small town reads and how she was able to effortlessly bring the town and beach to life using her descriptions. Dexter was such a great and well-written character. I could feel his sincerity and I found myself rooting for him. I could see how he changed from a youth to a man and there is nothing sexier than a man who goes after what he wants--respectfully, of course.

I think readers who love sweet readers will eat this up. This is the first in this series and I believe the other books will be just as good. Reese Ryan has set up the supporting characters to provide for so many good tales. I look forward to more in this series.
Thank you #Netgalley and #Forever

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment