Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Review: Any Dream Will Do: A Novel

Any Dream Will Do: A Novel Any Dream Will Do: A Novel by Debbie Macomber
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

What an uplifting read. I can't sing the praises enough on why you should read this. Debbie Macomber delivered a powerful tale resonating with themes of forgiveness, redemption, second chances, faith and the power of love. Shay endured a terrible home life and as a result ended up spending time in prison. When we meet her, we fight a young woman lost, dejected and rejected by society. She has nowhere to go and enters a church on a whim. Shay doesn't even know why she is there. She doesn't believe in prayer. But, that's when her life begins to change.
Shay meets Pastor Drew Douglas and he decides to help her. As the story progresses, we will see this young woman come into her own and her true nature will begin to shine through despite all her adversities. We will also see Drew overcome his issue and wonder, will he open his heart?
What I loved is that Debbie Macomber didn't rush the story, but gave her readers a chance to savor every moment and rejoice with every step of Shay and Drew's journey. Debbie Macomber didn't shy away from serious topics, but tackled them with such authenticity that I felt as if I were there in the scenes. Great use of secondary characters. I admit I got teary-eyed at the end. I highly recommend.

Quotes that ministered to me.
"When we worry," Drew continued, "we take reality and move it in the realm of fiction. What is real is transferred into the land of monsters and dragons, which are far bigger and frightening than they really are."
"I never confused God with the church. We're all human. We all make mistakes. The key is not allowing anyone to stand in the way of how we view our Lord."
"I refuse to focus on our past mistakes; God takes each one of us exactly where we are and so do I. Instead of focusing on the past, I prefer to look at the potential God has given each of us."

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment