Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Review: The Good Widow

The Good Widow The Good Widow by Liz Fenton
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Wow. Wow. Wow. I really enjoyed this read. The sharp writing, humor and wit drew me in from the beginning. But. The. Ending. The ending-- where things usually taper off-- is where the suspense built and the revelations had me glued to the page. What a way to end a good story, making it jaw-dropping good. I can't wait for more from these authors.
Some great quotes.
"...once you find out there are so many lies sitting right below the surface of your relationships, you want to know them all."
"The men you never think would stray--they are always the ones with the most to hide."
"Sometimes you just have to trust your gut. If you spend your whole life scared to make the wrong choice, how is that really living?"
"...we could all be better. Better husbands, better wives, better sons and daughters. But the people who love us, the ones who truly care, they accept us, even if we aren't perfect."

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment