Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Review: The Dream Keeper's Daughter

The Dream Keeper's Daughter The Dream Keeper's Daughter by Emily Colin
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I am torn about this read. On one hand, I saw many elements of solid writing particularly in the beginning, but on another, I think my question was why? Why did this story need a "back in time" component? I really didn't get why the characters were taken and why they were returned. I enjoyed the history and the interactions that occurred but how did that line up with the rest of the story. I think I would have understood if the title had been explained in the story: The Dream Keeper's Daughter - Maybe it was explained but this felt like a long long read so I might have missed it. Who was the dream keeper? I THINK I know who the daughter is but...
Next, the 'romance' between Max and Isabel took a different twist, which is fine, if it would have made sense for Isabel to go that route. If the author had built that character. It was interesting but I didn't fall in love with the main characters. Instead, I found myself wondering about Ryan. He was interesting. 2.5 stars
Thank you Netgalley for this ARC

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment