Sunday, June 4, 2017

Review: How I Lost You: A Novel

How I Lost You: A Novel How I Lost You: A Novel by Jenny Blackhurst
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I loved the title, the cover and the blurb. It was intriguing but the flashback scenes and too many characters stole from the essence of the story.
I liked the friendship with Susan and Cassie but there was an unnecessary scene between them that sullied the strength of the friendship.
One question I had was how could so many people find her that easy? What was the point in having the name change? It didn't contribute to the story in any way.
The author crafted a tricky tangled web that she miraculously detangled by the end. Glad for that, but my main question was, why? If you're going to introduce a twisted backstory, then make it meaningful. None of the characters changed.
There wasn't one good person in the story that I could think of. Nevertheless, I did enjoy the suspense but my questions overshadowed full enjoyment.
2.5 stars. Thank you Netgalley for this read.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment