Thursday, June 29, 2017

Review: A House Divided

A House Divided A House Divided by Donna Hill
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Loved the title. Loved the cover. Very strong beginning.
Jackson was a well-crafted character. He was a hero in so many ways and a stand-up guy. As for Zoie, I can understand drive and ambition but her motivation stemmed from selfishness and a disregard for others feelings. Will her attitude change? As for Zoie and Jackson's relationship - Their love was evident but love without mutual respect and communication is doomed. Will their love conquer all?
The most intriguing character was Kimberly. I wanted to see more of her. I felt as if I truly knew her and so was surprised by her decisions though her rationale was very realistic. I feel like there is more there for the author to bring out.
The best part of the book for me was some of the wise tidbits shared:
"If you give people a chance, you'll be surprised at how much they care. Folks show affection in all kinds of ways."
"Relationships are complicated. People need different things in their lives at different times."
"We do all kinds of things to protect the people we love. We don't always make the right decisions, but we do it out of love."
Thank you Netgalley for the ARC.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment