Saturday, June 3, 2017

Review: The Drowned Girls

The Drowned Girls The Drowned Girls by Loreth Anne White
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is my first book by Loreth Anne White. What a dark, twisty, good read! The first line had me glued. Then when you meet, Angie Pallorino, the gritty heroine, you quickly realize this is not your Disney heroine. She is raw and flawed and passionate. She is ambitious and driven. You feel her guilt and her pain as she struggles with demons of the past.
Then we meet the rugged James Maddocks, another complex character. He is trying to build a relationship with his daughter and ends up finding more. The villain also has depth and a story that makes us understand his pain even though we can't forgive his evil.
I enjoyed this suspenseful tale. It had everything AND the kitchen sink. At times, I felt there were too many characters. I felt a couple scenes or story strands could've been shaved off in editing but then I realized that this was the foundation for a series. I am eager to know more about Angie.
Kudos to Loreth Anne White. She is creepy good.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment