Tuesday, September 1, 2020

Review: In the Deep

In the Deep In the Deep by Loreth Anne White
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

IN THE DEEP by Loreth Anne White is a tale of deceit, betrayal that is filled with twists and turns. The story takes place in Australia and the descriptions made me feel like I was there. Bats!! Wow. I felt the heat. I felt like I was by the water sitting on the beach.

Ellie - a heiress, struggling to overcome pains of the past and other tough circumstances - meets Martin, a real estate mogul who sweeps her off her feet. After mere months, they get married and that's when everything changes. Ellie invests in his company but when she learns the truth behind his venture and realizes she is danger, Ellie does not know who she can fully trust. Ellie is a flawed character with much to overcome. There were times I was frustrated with her decisions but I still rooted for her.

This has an intriguing story line that has some courtroom drama - and if you stick with it, I promise you will find an ending, a curve ball, you didn't see coming. I thought the author was clever with how she worked the twist. And, the suspense kept me reading to find out what was going to happen.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment