Thursday, September 17, 2020

Review: The Way You Hold Me

The Way You Hold Me The Way You Hold Me by Elle Wright
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Skye Palmer is a master at handling disasters for top clients. When Hollywood actress, Paige Mills, finds herself at the forefront of a major scandal involving her husband, Skye is selected to help navigate this publicity nightmare. Garrett Steele is an attorney whose firm handles disasters. He is hired by Paige's husband. Skye and Garrett team up to handle the case and these former lovers' passion reignite. Both Skye and Garrett have to overcome issues from their past before they can ever have a chance at a future.

I loved that the author portrayed a main character who was seeing a therapist. Many times there is a stigma with that and so seeing a successful woman do this, I think will be empowering to many readers. I especially loved the bond between Garrett and Max and how he stepped up to be there for his sister. Those scenes were heartwarming and I can relate as there is a fifteen year gap between myself and my sister.

Memorable quotes:
"I want to kiss you again. I want to kiss you so long and so hard and so deep that you forget about the past and the future." Whew. What a line.
"The problem with overthinking is people tend to live their lives based on what could happen as opposed to enjoying what is happening."

This is the second read in the series. I loved seeing glimpses of Zara and X - her pregnancy eating was hilarious. I look forward to reading the third book.
Thank you #Netgalley

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment