Sunday, September 13, 2020

Review: A Mistletoe Vow to Lord Lovell

A Mistletoe Vow to Lord Lovell A Mistletoe Vow to Lord Lovell by Joanna Johnson
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Honora Blake has been fending for herself since her husband, Frank left her on her own. Then Lord Isaac Lovell comes into her life to tell her that Frank has died. While she is grappling with that, Honora learns she is broke and without a place to live. Isaac opens his home to her and soon, Honora, finds herself a new family with his pregnant ward, Charlotte.
I loved the interracial romance factor and the fact that the hero and heroine were a little older and more mature. My heart melted at the tenderness between Honora and Charlotte. I loved how Honora was feisty and independent. And, I was glad to see how the author showed Isaac's soft side and how he became a man of honor - overcoming a rakish past.
Here's a quote of Honora's discovery:
"His face was handsome and his title might impress some, but it was the light in his soul that called to Honora and made hers cry out in return."
Honora and Isaac's romance also had passion but their conflict at the end felt...contrived. Honora had a premonition, it appeared, but then was shocked when she learned the truth. But this is a romance and there has to be a black moment, I guess...
Other than that, I enjoyed this read and look forward to reading more from this author. Thank you #Netgalley and #Harlequin

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment