Friday, September 11, 2020

Review: Scandal and the Runaway Bride

Scandal and the Runaway Bride Scandal and the Runaway Bride by Donna Alward
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Will Pemberton is furious when he learns his brother's bride, Gabi, has run off on the day of their wedding. He is all about protecting his family's name and comes up with a quick plan of action. What he didn't see coming was his attraction to Gabi and the potential to create an even bigger scandal because of their love.
This was a cute story and it was interesting to see a hero with a rough past like Will's. He overcame so much and worked on rebuilding his reputation. But being with Gabi could mean seeing his reputation in shreds and put him at odds with his family.
What I absolutely loved were Gabi's interactions with her family. They were so loving and supportive. I enjoyed seeing how they were with each other.
Here is a line that warmed my heart: "He liked her as a person, desired her as a woman." Overall, this read made me smile. Thank you #Netgalley and #Harlequin for the ARC.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment